An illustrated map, or pictorial map, is a more artistic rendition of an area. It isn’t a cartographer’s line of work, it’s more a designer; it’s less about navigation, and more about making you see the city as a local would. There’s a sense of familiarity, seeing how the city’s landscape mesh with its buildings, giving it that unique feel.
So if you’re looking at what would make for great Illustrated Maps, here are some tips.
• Color coded for your convenience.
o If you’re working on an illustrated map with color, then choosing the right color scheme is very important. A good place to start for the color scheme is to look at an important landmark for that area. For San Fran, it’s the Golden Gate Bridge, for Tokyo, it’s Tokyo Tower. Then use those landmarks and build the color scheme around them. So for San Fran, an orange/blue scheme for that sunset-y look works, while for Tokyo, the iconicly Japanese white and red is a good idea.
• Units not to scale.
o Again, Illustrated Maps are not primarily concerned with geographical/cartographical accuracy. A little bit of sizing up or down isn’t that big of an issue, as long as it’s not too drastic. What’s important when you make the map is that you give it character, make the landmarks and places look alive. If that means that they’re not in scale, so be it.
• Clear as crystal.
o An illustrated map is a more graphical rendition of an area. It’s a creative map. It’s still a map. As such, being clear enough for people to recognize the area is very important. A clean color palette, and simple design helps.
• Get a reference.
o A good way to get started with Illustrated Maps, is to find an accurate map and work from there. Use a reference to figure out how your illustrated map is going to look like; what’s there, what’s isn’t, what’s in focus, what’s not. Then work your way from there, taking into account the other points in this list.
• Part of the whole.
o An illustrated map is the combination of the depicted place’s geographic structure, and design elements; namely, typographic stuff and the illustrations. A good mix of all three is key to a good illustrated map. Simple is a good way to go, don’t try to overload your design with too much stuff. Icons don’t have to be overly complex, they just have to give people a feel for the place being illustrated.
The world as we know it right, as we live in it right now, is continuing on its course in changing the way we live our respective lives compared to how previous generations of human being used to live their lives during their lifetimes. As of the moment, we are now living in the world that is undergoing the new Digital Age where everything can now be done in just a snap of your finger or in more specific terms, by touching a single icon in your ever-powerful smartphones. Both old and new technologies are getting upgrades on almost a monthly basis especially with regards to smartphones, computes, and software. Now, the cloud technology is now among the newest and most popular technologies that are being by almost all industries around the world primarily because of the benefits that come along with the said tech. in fact, some of the heath service providers in the world are now employing the use of the cloud technology to provide the best cloud based healthcare solutions for their respective clients.
Below are just some of the useful benefits you will enjoy if you decided to upgrade for a cloud based healthcare solutions that can work both for patients and health practitioners alike:
- One of the most important benefits why most of the industries of today are now switching up to the cloud technology is the fact they won’t need to use paper for the purpose of keeping records. Healthcare providers won’t need to ask patients to physically write down their vital information on a piece of application form. And, healthcare service providers such as clinics can now store record and other files, electronically. This is also advantageous because clinic clerks won’t need to spend extra minutes just to dig up any record the doctor needs because the files that are relevant to patient can now be attributed and saved in one folder.
- Healthcare service providers will benefit from this technology because they will be able to save big amounts of cash primarily owing to the fact that the cloud technology will eliminate the need for massive in-house storage needs. All data can now be accessed from virtually anywhere in the planet so even if something happens on the clinic, the data is secure 24/7.
No matter what the issue is with your computer, having computer repairs in Perth mean spending a good amount of money for it. Aside from spending money for the service or parts replacement, you can also be inconvenienced with the computer downtime. This could affect your productivity and may interfere with the things you need to do. For online workers, not having a computer or laptop can be unimaginable. To avoid these scenarios, take a look at these prevention tips to keep your computer in excellent condition.
Cleaning and maintenance
One of the most important parts of the computer is its fan. It keeps the internal parts of the computer cool while using it. Overheating can lead to burning or even melting of your computer parts. To prevent this, have your computer cleaned regularly from accumulated dust. You can send your computer to a qualified technician or service centre for computer repairs in Perth. This will prevent further damage on your computer.
Install licensed antivirus
Another way to keep our computer n tiptop shape is by installing a licensed malware or virus protection program. Viruses and other threats get to your computer in different and even unsuspicious ways. Without an effective anti-virus program, your computer can be susceptible to various threats that can paralyze your computer and render it useless. A worst case scenario is getting all your important files corrupted. Have an online backup of your files for their protection.
Update your software regularly
To keep your computer running securely and perfectly, keep your software updated. Usually, your software will notify you if there are available updates. Make sure to opt in for update to strengthen your software including its programs. A simple act of updating your program can effectively prevent computer repairs in Perth. Some updates can be done even by those who are not computer savvy but there are certain updates such as for the operating system that requires a qualified technician for proper execution. Trust the computer experts to keep your computer protected and safe from harmful online threats.
Modern organizations nowadays utilize systems and software that would make their delivery of service faster and efficient to their employees and in turn, employees provide better service to their clients. HR management software systems are in demand among organizations that aims to provide excellence in all aspects of its service delivery. Here are some of the reasons why most organizations utilize HRMS.
Better monitoring of employees
When you have a system for the management of your employees, you can easily monitor the progress and performance of your employees including their behaviour. There are certain employee behaviour that can effectively be captured with a management system such as attendance including tardiness and absenteeism or the number of leaves being utilized. Some employee behaviour is indicative of their satisfaction and happiness with the organization. The higher the rates of absenteeism and tardiness may mean that your employees are not happy with the way things are in the organization. You might want to use the data from the HR management software systems to analyse your employees and do some applicable changes.
Efficient delivery of employee benefits and compensation
One of the main sources of employee discontentment and stress is compensation related to salary or salary disputes. This is also one of the causes of high attrition among organizations. Employees tend to give up on their organizations when it can no longer provide their basic financial needs and when they have difficulty accessing their leaves and benefits. However, if you have a management system for your HR related concerns, you can easily serve the employees and assist them easily because you have a system that you can pull out when you need vital information.
Another importance of having HR management software is that you can make job performance and work flow understandable and easier for everyone. A better understanding on the processes boosts the morale of the employees making their tasks easier to deliver. This would result to better customer handling and a faster one at that. You can find expert teams that specialise in HR management over the internet.
The emergence of the social media has been proven to be beneficial in various ways. For one, a professional photographer will now have another channel to share his professionally-taken images just by uploading his/her images and share them via his/her Instagram page which can also be connected to his/her Facebook and Twitter pages. In addition to this, there are more and more businesses in the world which are already employing the use of the social media to do their marketing duties. You see, you can easily reach more clients and even interact with them if you properly maximize the tools available to such social media account such as Facebook. In fact insurance companies nowadays are employing doing their various marketing practices through the Facebook and the mere fact that social media in insurance industry has been blossoming, it’s no surprise that these companies are reaching out more clients.
Social media, as mentioned above, has tremendous benefits to both companies and their respective clients. If you are wondering how doing marketing practices through the social media in insurance industry is achievable, below are some tips to fully maximize your social media page for marketing your industry:
- Integration of offline activities with social media is one thing a marketer must do. You can give out your calling or business cards which contain your Facebook page. In addition to this, make sure that you include your Facebook URL in every Facebook page that you make. This way, potential clients can easily find your page and contact you if they are interested.
- Track every progress you make and analyse which social media activity is helpful. This may be a hectic thing for marketers but you see, analysing the activities of both your social media page and the interaction between the page and the clients will help you improve on your maximization of the tools being made available to you. Tracking your progress can help you in terms of keeping the good things that are helping your business.
- Be persistence. You will not see success overnight. Honing your marketing tools especially in the social media in insurance industry, which is relatively boring, can take up years before you see a glimpse of success.
It is very likely that the most complicated thing you have done on the web is to upload of a photo of the canvas prints hanging on your wall. You have so much pride in the canvas prints you purchased from an online store and wanted everybody to share your excitement. However, have you ever wondered how the website you interacted with was created?
If you are not familiar with computer programming, creating web design, layout and all can be pretty intimidating but it is not actually as daunting as you imagine. When a web designer is asked to create a webpage using a certain font, header, color, images and an animated dog walking across the screen when a user clicks on a button, the designer gets the big idea and takes it apart into several pieces. These pieces are translated into instructions that computers understand. However, all the instructions have to be organized into correct order and syntax.
Every page on the web is built using a sequence of separate instructions that come one after the other. Your browser which can either be Chrome, Firefox or Safari translates the code into something that users will see on screen or even interact with. Magic happens when the browser fetches HTML and other programming languages used and interprets them.
Anyone who is trying to create content for the web must know HTML because every web page is made up of HTML tags that denote each type of content on the page. For example, if you are reading the words canvas prints on this website, you are reading a part of a paragraph that is coded with an opening paragraph tag: <p>. The tag part is indicated by open brackets while the letter “p” tells the computer that you are opening a paragraph and not some other type of content.
PRINCE2 is an acronym for Project in Controlled Environments, version 2. PRINCE2 is a type of certification program which is suited for professionals who are focused in methodology and are qualified to take Prince2 foundation training. The program focus is project management methodology, control, quality management and project organization. The goal of the program is to ensure that the project is aligned to its objectives. More organizations are currently engaging their leaders and managers to this program due to the following benefits.
- PRINCE2 is applicable to various projects in any industry. The program can be used in IT, education, corporate industry and practically in any organization that manages projects and serves customers.
- The program uses understand, common terms and uses light vocabulary to allow trainees and those involve in the project to understand the language easily. With this tool, communication becomes easier among team members.
- The program outlines the specific roles of every team member involved in the project. With this, there becomes a harmonious relationship among the team. Because the roles are clearly defined, there would be no overlapping of tasks and miscommunication. The specific requirements of the project are also laid out including how these requirements would be accomplished. As a whole, Prince2 foundation training promotes clear structure, authority, accountability, delegation and communication among and within the project management team.
- PRINCE2 is also adaptable to other project management needs. It provides technical structure of project framework which complements with related skills developed during the training.
PRINCE2 was developed from the needs of different sectors including the public and private, to have a flexible method that will suit the different requirements of an organization. The concept resulted to a generic best practice technique until it was polished and improved when PRINCE2 was developed.
If you want to sign up to Prince2 foundation training, visit different providers of online training course. You can also find webinars where can sign up to for the lessons. If you think the program will be beneficial to the organization, register with an online training facility today.